Posted on April 4th, 2015 in Work Experience by Graeme
Writing, design and development – Marvel
Full Time (Jan 2017 – Nov 2017)
- Writing about design on the Marvel blog
- Managing blog contributers
- Editing and curation
- Social media management
- Front end development for the marketing site
- Automating marketing workflows using code and Zapier
Front-end Developer & Designer – IBM
Full Time (June 2014 – Jan 2017)
- Rapidly prototyping ideas using different mediums
- Actively engaged in the entire design process - from research to development
- Carrying out user testing through observing and interviewing users
- Developed IBM Remix with design thinking
- Bridging the gap between design and engineering, assessing feasibility
- Interviewing candidates for design roles
- Using code as a design tool
- Harnessing ever-changing media in elegant ways to bring ideas to life
Web Developer - Freelance
Full Time(Sep 2013 – Apr 2014)
- Working with clients to develop web solutions that meet their requirements.
- Developing around various CMS such as WordPress, Magento and Joomla
- Utilizing Search Engine Optimization techniques to promote businesses.
- Developed custom WordPress Plugins, e.g. Google News and Amazon Book recommenders.
Graduate Software Developer – NST
Full Time (Jan 2013- Aug 2013)
- Worked within an in-house development team on the analysis and development of software projects to meet business requirements, using agile scrum methodology.
- Responsible for the implementation of change requests, and bug fixes to existing software.
- Experienced unit testing existing software, improving code coverage.
- Produced Performance Reports using MS Reporting Services.
- Managed the development life cycle of work-items using Team Foundation Server.
Management Accounting Internship – STM Fidecs
Gibraltar, Full Time (Jun 2009 – Jun 2010)
- Communicating with banks to send transcations
- Bookkeeping stuff